The 19th International Lead Conference (Pb2015) will take place on 22-24 April 2015 in Lisbon, Portugal. The event is organised by the International Lead Association and is the only global conference on lead that is run by the industry, for the industry.
The event will be held back-to-back with the International Lead and Zinc Study Group's Spring Meetings, providing a unique opportunity to interact with governments from many of the world’s major lead producing countries.
Building on the success of Pb2013, which attracted almost 150 delegates, next year’s event will provide an authoritative and comprehensive overview of issues affecting the lead industry worldwide, including:
- Analysing recent trends in the lead market and prospects for the future
- Reviewing regulatory issues affecting the life cycle of lead
- Lead's role in achieving a sustainable society
- Using communications to create a more favourable environment in which the lead industry can prosper.
In conjunction with Pb2015, ILA is organising this important one-day event, supported by EUROBAT (the European Storage Battery Manufacturers Association).
Following on from the success of the workshop at Pb2013 it will share best practice on the practical measures that can be taken to reduce worker blood lead levels and implement an effective blood lead reduction programme.
Pb2015 Speakers & presentations - 1st announcement
The International Lead Association is pleased to announce the following confirmed speakers at Pb2015:
- Ray Kubis, President and Managing Director, Eco-Bat
- Huw Roberts, Director, CHR Metals
- Paul White, Director of Market Research & Statistics, International Lead & Zinc Study Group
- Tim Ellis, President, Advanced Lead Acid Battery Consortium
- Marcel Dutrieux, Manager Regulations, Honda Motor Europe Ltd
- Karsten Kurz, Director Environmental Affairs Europe, Exide Technologies
- Paul Kolisnyk, Director Technical Marketing, Teck Metals
- Jan VanLinden, Consultant, Environmental Resources Management
- Jasim Chowdhury, Science Manager, International Lead Zinc Research Organization
- Alistair Davidson, Technical Manager, International Lead Association
- Jose Rizo Martin, DG Environment, European Commission
- Johannes Gediga, Global VP Mining, Metal & Manufacturing, PE International
- Guy Ethier, Senior VP EHS, Umicore
- Mark Mistry, Manager Health and Environmental Public Policy, Nickel Institute
- Andy Bush, Managing Director, International Lead Association
The conference will cover a wide range of topics of importance to the lead industry worldwide, including:
- Global Lead Market Trends and Outlook
- Spotlight on the Lead Market in China
- Battery Market Update
- Developments in Lead Battery Technology
- Managing Communications for the Lead Industry
- Case Study on Sector Communications - Nickel
- Company Communications Programs on Lead
- Industry Response to EU End of Life Vehicles Directive
- Lithium-Ion Battery Identification and Safety
- Regulating the Marine Transport of Lead Concentrates
- Contaminated Land Remediation
- Lead Life Cycle Assessments
- New Tools for Environmental Risk Assessment
Save the date to avoid missing the only industry-organised global lead conference of the year.
For more information contact Maura McDermott